Juventus’ win against Hellas Verona contained good performances by Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala, and Aaron Ramsey. The match was a largely disjointed affair with a few flashes of incisive play by Juve.
– 8 and above: Excellent
– 6: Meets expectations
– Below 5: Pretty bad
– Buffon (7): A couple of good saves were balanced by a shaky moment and a half
– Alex Sandro (8): Did not do much wrong and strong in both directions
– Bonucci (8): Another accomplished performance in defense with strong passing forward
– Demiral (5): A nervy debut with a penalty conceded and other challenging moments
– Danilo (5.5): Several misplaced passes but did decent defensive work on occasion
– Matuidi (5.5): Strong work rate as usual but a liability going forward yet again
– Bentancur (5): Almost invisible for most of his time on the pitch
– Pjanic (6): Efficient as usual
– Ramsey (7.5): Solid debut with a goal, an energetic performance, and some good combination play
– Khedira (6): Not much of note
– Ronaldo (7.5): A penalty goal, some positive moments, and some frustrating ones. Should divy up the free kick responsibilities even if he doesn’t want to fully relinquish them!
– Dybala (7.5): Some assured touches and a positive performance overall
– Higuain (NR): Didn’t have the opportunity to make an impact with an injury shortly after his arrival
– Cuadrado (6.5): Made some marauding runs, put in decent crosses, and worked hard in defense. The quality in the final third was still a little patchy.
Team Grade (5.5): Team chemistry was only apparent in patches and there are significant areas of improvement, both defensively and offensively